It is no secret that water damages can be expensive. Either it is caused by some plumbing issue in your home or natural flooding, you have to pay the price. Some homeowners get themselves covered with home insurance policies while others have to pay the costs on their own. If you don’t know the water damage restoration cost, we have got you covered.
1. What Is Water Damage Restoration?
The water damage restoration process is completed in two phases. The first phase is all about removing or extracting the water from the affected area. The next phase is repairing the damages caused by water flooding. These generally include structural repairs to building features such as walls, roofs, and ceilings.
2. Water Damage Restoration Costs
The national average for water damage caused by bathroom flooding is about $3000. The figure greatly varies according to the water class and affected region. It can be as low as $1000 or as high as $8000.
Areas Of A Home
Average Restoration Costs
bathroom water damage repair cost
Window replacement in the family room
Door replacement in the family room
Vinyl floor replacement in kitchen
Plumbing repair in bathroom
Washer and dryer repair in the laundry room
3. Water Damage Restoration Cost Per Square Foot
Roof Water Damage Repair Cost:
For about 500 square foot damaged roof areas, prepared to pay an average of $700. Leak repairs related to the ceilings cost around $250 for a 10’x10’ area of drywall.
Bathroom Leak Repair Cost:
Bathroom repairs can cost you around $1500- $1750 on average.
Kitchen Water Damage:
In the kitchen, the wall and floor water damages are most common. The cost ranges between $50- $250.
Basement Flooding Repair Cost:
flood damage repair costs in the basement are the most expensive to deal with. The reason is the mold remediation costs. They can be as high as $1500.
Flooded Laundry Room:
Be prepared to pay around $1000-$3000 for getting a new set of washer and dryer.
4. Average Labor Costs for Water Damage Restoration
Labor charges are generally determined by the size of the affected area. Water cleanup professionals assess the area and calculate cleanup efforts. The average costs for clean water and gray water cleanup are the lowest. They range between $4 and $4.75 per square foot.
It is not surprising that black water cleanup jobs will be the costliest at about $7.25, on average, per square foot. Expect to pay between $1,500 and $2,500 for 300 sqft. of affected room.
If the water damage restoration company charges an hourly rate, the charge is around $76 per hour. Special circumstances, such as debris removal, may increase the average labor rate.
5. Factors Affecting the Cost of water damage repair cost
Several factors affect the cost of water damage cleanup in 2020. The most important of them are listed below.
- The most important factor of water damage repair cost is the size and location of the affected area. The prices can vary along with different ZIP codes.
- The second most important factor is the class or source of the waterflood. If the water is clean or grey, the costs are low. When you are hiring water restoration services for black water cleanup, expect to pay as much as $8000.
- The next factor is the amount of water. The costs increase as the number of waters increases that need to be extracted. The drying efforts need to be more vigorous and the extraction pumps can cost you more money.